Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Babylon 5 Models!

Just a quick post today, I've got two models I wanted to show off to the internet:  My two favorite ships from one of my favorite shows, Babylon 5.



First up: The Excalibur
 (I just got this one tonight!!) One of only two Victory Class Destroyers ever made by the Insterstellar Alliance, the Excalibur is the largest and most powerful warship ever made by the young races.  It has artificial gravity, full gravitic propulsion, vorlon beam turrets, and a massively destructive Lightning Cannon capable of destroying nearly any target in a single shot.  This model measures roughly 6 inches long and 4 inches tall, including the stand (the real ship would measure 2,012 meters in length, making this roughly 1:13,000 scale).  It took maybe 3 hours of work to assemble, and it is not painted yet.  It is made of solid pewter and is quite hefty.  You can purchase this model right HERE!  I hope to use it in a game of The Babylon Project quite soon!


Next: The Warlock Class Destroyer
The Warlock Class destroyer is the most advanced warship developed by the Earth Alliance, and the first with artificial gravity along with a hybrid gravitiy propulsion system.  Rarely ever seen on Babylon 5 or Crusade, this design is still a fan-favorite because of its sleek, menacing, yet utilitarian look.  There are rumors of shadow technology hidden in some of the computer systems...  The real ship measures about 1900 meters in length.  You can buy this model HERE!  With missiles and strong beam weapons, I've used this model in The Babylon Project already, and it's a great ship.  I have since painted it, and I'll share some pictures of my painted models soon.

No comments: