Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What am I playing right now?

Over the past couple weeks I've been in an RTS mood so I've been playing Supreme Commander, Starcraft, and Dawn of War a lot. Check out some of these Korean pro Starcraft matches, they're really exciting to watch, complete with hilarious English commentary by Tasteless! Also who else is excited for Starcraft II?



I've also been playing lots of MechWarrior 3, the best mech game in existence. Also if anyone wants to challenge me to some megamek let me know.

I've been working my way through Metal Gear Solid 3 on the PS2. In terms of gameplay it's probably the best one yet, although the story seems a little lacking compared to the other two. I'm not at the end yet, though, so I'm sure there will be lots of plot twists to change my mind in the near future.

I'm also still plodding through Mass Effect but the only motivation I have to play it lately is that I payed $50 for the thing.

Finally, I'm stuck on the final boss in Metroid Prime, called... uh, Metroid Prime.

Thar she blows


This boss is a tough one. I can get through most of its attack patterns without taking much damage, but when I get to Prime's final form, it becomes exceedingly difficult to hit it without taking damage.

Today marks the release of the Spore Creature Creator. It runs on crappy integrated graphics cards as well as intel macs (and thus probably linux very soon), so there's absolutely no reason not to try out the free trial. Download it and have fun creating horrible affronts to nature and watching them struggle with their miserable existence!

No comments: